After the release of the first Telstar (the first "dedicated-chip" pong system) in 1976 which was a big success, Coleco conceived a whole range of pongs.
The focus of the Marskman is made on its gun and shooting games, though the system in itself is not very different from the other pongs of that time. Basicaly it is a Telstar Colortron with two shooting games.
The system is powered by the General Instrument AY-3-8512 chipset (or GX-10 dedicated shipset as described in the Coleco catalog, see Adverts section) which offers 4 pong games and two shooting games, all in color.
"Telstar Marksman. The number one selling target game last year. Two pistol games - Target and Skeet, and four popular sport games - Tennis, Hockey, Handball and Jai Alai. Marksman photo electric rifle, a 3-in-1 combo can be used as a regular pistol, a machine pistol, or a marksman rifle!
- Six video games: Target, Skeet, Tennis, Hockey, Handball and Jai Alai
- brilliant color (plays B&W on B&W TV sets)
- Electronic sound effects
- Marksman 3-in-1 photo electric rifle included
- On-screen digital display scoring
- Variable skill control
- Requires two 9 volt batteries or Coleco Battery Eliminator / AC Adapter (neither included)
- FCC approved
- Full color packaging
- Ages 8 to adult