After having launched a home computer, the Einstein, Tatung tried to tackle the small business market with this PC-2000 system. Ease of use, attractive price and expandability were their main desing criteria.
The PC-2000 was actually a standard CP/M based machine. However, a large range of powerful options could be added whitch impressively increased system capabilities:
• The serial interface board contained 14 RS232 serial ports and the PC-2000 could add up to 2 complete boards.
• The TTL I/O board had 64 Input/Output lines and again the PC-2000 could take 2 complete boards.
• The virtual disk board had a capacity of 256 KB and the PC-2000 could take up to 8 of them.
• On the hard-disk card, up to 4 set of 5.25" or 8" drives were possible.
• Furthermore, Internal connectors allowed a colour graphic board and a dual 8" floppy disc controller to be connected.
Despite these unusual abilities and a good manufacturing quality, the PC-2000 was a real flop and very few of them were sold.
We need more info about this computer ! If you designed, used, or have more info about this system,
please send us pictures or anything you might find useful.
BUILT IN LANGUAGE
Full stroke 85 keys with 6 function keys and numeric keypad
80 chars x 25 lines (9 x 12 resolution)
Text only in basic version
SIZE / WEIGHT
45 (W) x 42.8 (D) x 62 (H) (CPU + monitor)
Parallel Centronics, Serial RS232
BUILT IN MEDIA
2 x 1 MB 5.25'' floppy disc drives
Built-in power supply unit
Graphics display and board, Serial board, I/O board, FD/HD controllers