OLD-COMPUTERS.COM Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Old computers > I get rid of...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nectarisneo View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote nectarisneo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I system
    Posted: 25 April 2012 at 7:30pm
Selling a non-working Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I with original monitor, aftermarket expansion board, software and disk drive. The computer shows a memory size prompt, but there are additional random characters displayed on the screen. Hitting ENTER shows what looks like a BASIC prompt, but the random characters make it extremely difficult to see what is typed. I was told by another forum member that the computer may have some bad video ram. However, it does accept commands in BASIC. The monitor seems to be working as it should and doesn't appear to have any burn-in. There were several modifications done to the computer by the previous original owner who bought the system in 1980, but I don't know enough about the system to describe them accurately. Also included are a 5.25" drive in a custom cabinet and a custom power supply. There is also a box of miscellaneous software, some manuals, a text-to-speech IC and a voice-synthesizer IC in original packaging included. Price for all is $100. Not willing to split up so please don't ask. I would much prefer local pickup in Wisconsin but will ship within the continental U.S. at the buyer's expense. Please P.M. for additional info or pictures. Serious buyers only please. Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply