Forum Home Forum Home > General > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New members writing goobly gook

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kbit View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote kbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New members writing goobly gook
    Posted: 09 December 2011 at 1:52am
i run across 2 new members ,olda and asdad , either selling or passing hidden messages or spam or whatever but it does not seem to relate to computers. i am sure you have run across this before but i just thought i would mention it.
terrapindundee View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote terrapindundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 4:59am
Hi,

Many thanks, I spotted them and chenchen123 as well.

Perhaps we can use this thread to notify admins of spammers spotted, admins can the deal with the spammer and delete the "notify" post in this thread, leaving the thread open for more "notify" posts.

Best regards.
Mike H.
Admin
Looking for a PDP7 / some hope, but I'm still looking.
Soemtron.org - one of the earliest electronic calculators.
kbit View Drop Down

Quote kbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 12:57pm
i'm kinda new to posting on forums and couldn't help answering one post. i just like talking about computers and i always learn stuff from reading posts and surprisingly i was annoyed and upset a little when i came across " olly and olly " { they were both online when i posted but left after following me} anyways, i know you guys know your stuff and will handle all properly. have a good day!
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote terrapindundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 5:29am
Hi.

Yes, spam again, U.g.g foot wear, left girl in the picture was wearing them. Quite a lot of the text is mangles from the bad word filter and his links were too, so they would have not worked for the spammer.

Foe those that cannot see the moderators thread I'm proposing putting new members into moderation where their first few posts (1 or 10) are checked before they are fed into the forum.
Comments on putting new members into a confirmation system please.

I've deleted the "notification" post of a spammer to keep the thread short (as per post #2 above), many thanks.

Edited by terrapindundee - 15 December 2011 at 5:38am
barythrin View Drop Down

Quote barythrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2011 at 4:31pm
Sounds like a great idea with the moderated first posts, long as you have someone to approve them in a timely manner (just for legitimate folks wondering why their post isn't showing). I asked Mike about it once before but there isn't a flag .feature in this posting software to just flag the post for review?
DOS lives on!! View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DOS lives on!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:04am
There is. To report a post, Click on the "Post Options" .(At the top of every post). Then, click on "Report Post." It will take you to a page where you can a report to a moderator/administrator.
~Ian~

Searching for anything Gateway 2000.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote terrapindundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 9:33am
Originally posted by DOS lives on!!

There is. To report a post, Click on the "Post Options" .(At the top of every post). Then, click on "Report Post." It will take you to a page where you can a report to a moderator/administrator.

Where ?, "Post options" gives you -
"Post reply, Quote, Edit, Hide, Move, Block IP".
"Moderator tools" gives you -
"Moderated, Options, Lock, Hide, Delete".

OK - I see it now, members get a cut down selection -
"Post, Quote, Report"
Moderators and admins get more options but not including "Report".

Edited by terrapindundee - 20 December 2011 at 9:43am
barythrin View Drop Down

Quote barythrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2011 at 11:25am
Awesome, I missed that feature! Great to know how to report posts the right way. Thanks.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote terrapindundee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2011 at 7:41am
Hi admins.

Hope you all had a good good Christmas.
When deleting posts for spamming members will Admins please first block the posters IP address, last option on the "post options" drop down box, then we can get a handle on the range of Ip #'s that the spammers are using and adjust it accordingly.

Many thanks.

Mike H.
DravensMustache View Drop Down

Quote DravensMustache Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2013 at 6:21pm
Hello, I'm Draven. I too am concerned about these trouble makers here on this forum. I have a passion for computers (typing this on my Macintosh 2 as we speak) I'm glad I'm not alone on this one! - Draveeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
Welcome to the league of draveennnnnnnenenenenenenn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>