Forum Home Forum Home > Old computers > Old laptop & pocket computers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old Dell Laptop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RandomInsano View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote RandomInsano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Dell Laptop
    Posted: 12 October 2007 at 12:52am
Alright, so years ago I got this free dell laptop from a place I worked at because it was just too ancient. It had a non-backlit black and white LCD and managed to be one of the smallest laptops of that era I've ever seen (less than an inch thick, smaller width and depth wise than a binder).

I ended up breaking it soon after and carelessly tossed it away. I've been trying to figure out what it's model number was for years now, and I've only got some simple information to go on;

It only had an external floppy drive to cut back on the size, it was either a 386 or 486sx processor, and the texture of the outside was... fuzzy (it's textured somehow). I still have the floppy drive all these years later whose FCC ID is DX9-DELL-EXFDD and Dell part number 25749.

Anyone have any idea of the notebook I'm talking about? I can take pictures of the floppy drive
paurong View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote paurong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:33am
i had almost the same problem when i received a brand new dell.. take note of that, it was brand new. perhaps it is because of the model. mine was a little newer than that of yours, though. i go over for hp now. let me know what happened... see yahh.
 Post Reply Post Reply