After having launched a home computer, the Einstein, Tatung tried to tackle the small business market with this PC-2000 system. Ease of use, attractive price and expandability were their main desing criteria.
The PC-2000 was actually a standard CP/M based machine. However, a large range of powerful options could be added whitch impressively increased system capabilities:
• The serial interface board contained 14 RS232 serial ports and the PC-2000 could add up to 2 complete boards.
• The TTL I/O board had 64 Input/Output lines and again the PC-2000 could take 2 complete boards.
• The virtual disk board had a capacity of 256 KB and the PC-2000 could take up to 8 of them.
• On the hard-disk card, up to 4 set of 5.25" or 8" drives were possible.
• Furthermore, Internal connectors allowed a colour graphic board and a dual 8" floppy disc controller to be connected.
Despite these unusual abilities and a good manufacturing quality, the PC-2000 was a real flop and very few of them were sold.
We need more info about this computer ! If you designed, used, or have more info about this system,
please send us pictures or anything you might find useful.