The FM-11 was announced as a higher-end model of the FM-8 in November 1982, simultaneously with the mass market FM-7 machine. The FM-11 series was intended to be used in offices. FM stands for "Fujitsu Micro".
Japanese characters can be displayed within a 16 x 16 pixels matrix.
Several FM-11 models were marketed:
- FM-11 EX (1982): 6809 & 8088 microprocessors
- FM-11 AD (1982): 6809 micromprocessor only
- FM-11 ST (1982): economic version of the AD, with FDD as an option. Built-in ROM Basic.
- FM-11 BS (1984): 8088 microprocessor only
- FM-11 AD2 (1984): OS-9 operating system
- FM-11 AD2+ (1985): enhanced AD2 (256 KB RAM)
Only the "ST" model has built-in ROM Basic.
Contributors: Jiro Kita
We need more info about this computer ! If you designed, used, or have more info about this system,
please send us pictures or anything you might find useful.